Friday, May 9, 2008

Postcard 216...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from an old, piece that incorporated 19th century engravings of furniture and frames applied to metallic foiled and hand stitched linen. A chiffon overlay and free motion embroidery were added before the work was cut into postcards.

The reverse is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on commercially printed fabric.

I'm thrilled to be trading with my friend, my patron (of more than one piece!), and a fellow Ohio State Buckeye. Kim's new blog is here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan--I would like to trade for this card. I will be sending one to you tomorrow!

This is like having a Pen Pal, only more fun! ;)

Kim at Glitzy Stitches
www.glitzystitches.com

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Kim!
This is like having a Pen Pal...like lots of them...an entire, supportive, global community of like-minded artists!
Thanks so much for trading!
Susan

IDESIGN said...

Hi Susan--this has been the most fun--You got a handful of nuts, and I got a piece of design history!! I love the furniture elements in this piece--and you know I love everything that you do--WONDER WOMAN! This morning I discovered your tutorial on INBOXES. Amazing! You are appealing to the masses--even my 15-year-old son loves that piece! ;)
Thank you for trading with me!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Your card arrived today--and it is WAY more beautiful in person!! It cancelled out an otherwise rough morning, spent paying car taxes, followed by a trip to the DMV. =;o

Now I am smiling again! Thank you so much!! I now own SIX pieces of your incredible work!! Can't wait to hear about Maine!

Kim

Kim